Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Journal Entries

Tuesday

My day started at 7 a.m., when the community wakes up. The food for breakfast arrived, which we had filled out the previous night. My family and I ate breakfast, and began to prepare for the day. My brother and I walked to the school building, which was in the center of the community. Once we had arrived my brother went to play with the younger children, while I went to the supply closet, and gathered the supplies which I would need for the day. Once the teachers, had announced it was time to start, I made my way to my first class, mathematics. After practicing our math skills, we proceeded to reading and grammar. We reviewed important grammar practices, since at the age of 15; we would only go to school to learn job training. After reading and grammar, it was time for lunch break, where we ate the meals that we had selected the night before. The rest of the day was dedicated to job training; I had the food preparation job, where we practiced serving the proper amount of food for each person, making sure we did not give more than allotted for each person. Once school had ended I walked back to our family hut.  My parents were both sitting, and relaxing before they started to do house work and community work. I joined them, and at 4 we started to do the house work that needed to be done. Once it reached 4:30 we began our community work. We were in charge of maintaining the garden in the small park outside the library. At 5, we went home and I started my homework. My parents began the dinner preparation, and at 6 we sat down to eat the meals, and choose the meals for the next day. At 8-10 I spent the time as I wanted. And at 11 I went to bed.

Saturday

On Saturdays, it is a day with no work, or school. At 9 a.m. the community wakes up. The food for breakfast arrives, and I eat it, feeling filled once it was done. I decided to go to the community theater, to watch a movie with my friends. The movies are free, and are quite popular throughout. The choice today was one of my favorites, and I had a fun time laughing, and relaxing. Once the movie was finished, I went to the community beach and went for a quick swim.  At 4, it was time for house work, and community work. I cleaned up around my room, and then I went to do community work. I took care of my usual garden plot outside the library. At 5, the community concert began. The people who were singing were really good, and everyone enjoyed themselves.  Once 6 rolled around, I returned home to eat dinner.  I relaxed in my home until I fell asleep. 

Friday (Perspective of a worker)

At 7 a.m. I woke up, and ate breakfast. I made my way to work, which this week was food production. Once, I arrived I put on my sanitary clothing. Then I began to assemble each person’s specific food choice. Once, I had finished my first meal, I put it on the conveyer belt that would lead it to food distribution.  A little before 12, I assembled my own lunch, and at 12 I ate my lunch. After lunch, I cleaned up my assembly area, and put back my sanitary clothing. At 2, I left work and headed home. Once, I arrived home I took a break before it was time for house and community work. Since lived by myself, I did not have much work to do when it was time for house work. Then I started to do community work. I was in charge of cleaning the community beach. I joined the few other people who had the same task as me, and we busied ourselves wiping down the benches, and tables. At 5, I began to assemble my dinner from the food that had been delivered to me, by food distribution. At 6, I ate my meal in peace. From 7-10 I relaxed by watching a program on the television, and reading a book. At 11, I went to bed after a long day.

No comments:

Post a Comment